Understanding and Implementing 9 Essential
Competencies for Leading and Managing Today’s Workforce
A 1-Day Interactive Workshop with Practical Techniques for Developing Successful Working Relationships with the Next Generation of Employees
71% of Millennials are NOT ENGAGED at work.
We’ll show you how to change this.
Millennials currently make up 38% of the workforce. In less than 10 years, they will become 75% of the workforce. They are changing the dynamics of the workplace.
A Big Change in Perspectives
Ⓒ Gallup Corporation
What We Cover in this Workshop
We look at the similarities and differences between the Four Generations. We also include a Self-Evaluation so that each participant can assess their current perspectives when it comes to managing and dealing with a younger workforce.
We will provide your managers with a clear, sensible program covering the 9 Essential Competencies that EVERY leader who manages Millennials MUST know.
- Show Them the Big Picture
- Make It Matter to Them
- Include the Details
- Build a Relationship
- Be Positive When Correcting
- Don’t Take It Personally
- Put Their Imagination to Work
- Create the Right Rewards
- Be Flexible
Managing Millennials Workshop Agenda
Understanding Yourself and the Millennials
- Background of the Millennial Phenomena
- Understanding the Generations
- What Makes Us Different? What Makes Us the Same?
- The Leader’s Perspective: Successful vs. Challenged Leaders
- The Millennial Mindset: Five Key Drivers
- How Do Millennials Prefer to Live and Work?
The 9 Key Competencies All Managers of Millennials Need
- Setting the Big Picture / Making it Matter to Them / The Importance of Including the Details
- Building the Working Relationships / Keeping Things Positive / Learning Not to Take Things Personally
- Learning to be Flexible / Rewarding the Right Things / Putting Their Imagination to Work
Applying the Competencies
- Scenario Discussions / Tools / Techniques / Planning
Putting It All to Work
- Developing Your Millennial Leadership Plan
After Completing this Workshop, your managers will be able to:
¤ Understand the importance of relating a Millennial’s job to organizational goals.
¤ Develop effective working relationships that result in better engagement.
¤ Create a personal development plan for their Millennial employees
¤ Capitalize on the strengths and talents that are unique to Millennials.
¤ Reduce the stress and frustration resulting from generation misconceptions.
¤ Sustain a productive workforce – among all generations.
It’s easy to pass judgment when you don’t know why people behave a certain way. I now have a better understanding of the many talents and positive attributes of the Millennials.
The facilitator showed excellent command of the subject. Very engaging.
I recommend this program be mandatory for all supervisors and above.
The biggest takeaway from me was the importance of taking the time to learn as much as I can about the Millennial generation.
This program was very informative and crucial to what I do. I can use this information in my professional and personal life.